myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Korhonen, Kalle" <kkorh...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: Suggested codenames for new components subproject
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2005 01:44:44 GMT
Uh, back from a vacation and 700 new MyFaces messages to read; MyFaces
is definitely picking up some steam.

Here's a couple of name suggestions for the extensions subproject (yes,
I'd be fine with Apache Faces Extensions, but if we are looking for
something more catchy...)>

- Apache Faces Makeup, just Makeup for short (Catchy? Funny at least?
Yeah, it's girly, but describes the purpose, and who needs those native
american names everywhere anyways)

In case nobody else liked the above, a couple more "Apache" style name
suggestions:
- Apache Faces Crafts
- Apache Faces Beads / Apache Faces Beadwork

Kalle

________________________________

	From: Sylvain Vieujot [mailto:svieujot@apache.org]
	Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 10:00 AM
	To: MyFaces Development
	Subject: Re: Suggested codenames for new components subproject

	Same for me.
	+1 for Apache Faces Extensions

	On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 09:11 -0700, Jon Travis wrote:

		I like this one best of all, actually.

		Can't tell you how much time I've spent making fun of
jakarta
		projects based on their stupid names -- just looking at
the
		subprojects now:  "Cactus", "Slide", "Alexandria",
"Agila",
		"Tomcat", "Velocity"

		They make no sense -- it's nice to see what a project
has some
		association with by just looking at the name.

		-- Jon

<martin.marinschek@gmail.com>:

		>>> Oh my,
		>>>
		>>> I wonder where we will end up with this discussion!
		>>>
		>>
		>> That's what marketing departments are doing the whole
day long, isn't
		>> it? Well, we do not have a marketing department. So,
let's collect
		>> some further ideas. At the same time let's do not
take this all too
		>> serious. Let's have fun.  ;-)
		>>
		>> At least we have some kind of agreement on some parts
of the official
		>> long name, right?
		>> It must contain "Apache" and it should contain
"Faces" and
		>> "Extensions". So, we will finally end up in a name of
the kind
		>> "Apache
		>> ... Faces Extensions". Right?
		>>
		>
		> So why not just Apache Faces Extensions? We're talking
about
		> extensions to JSF, and not just MyFaces, and the added
components
		> are also extensions of JSF, so Apache Faces Extensions
says it all.

		> --
		> Martin Cooper
		>
		>
		>
		>> Ok, let's try out the latest proposals:
		>>  the Apache Tomahawk Faces Extensions project
		>>  the Apache Appaloosa Faces Extensions project -
short name:
		>> Apache loosa  :-)
		>>  the Apache Mocassin(s) Faces Extensions project
		>>  the Apache Lonewolf Faces Extensions project
		>>  the Apache Windeyes Faces Extensions project
		>>
		>> And here is my last minute stupid idea:
		>> Why not initiate a contest on the user list? First
prize: a beer
		>> sponsored by me.  :-)
		>> At least, that's what marketing departments do, if
they are stuck...