myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From John Fallows <john.r.fall...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposed SVN Reorg
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 23:24:03 GMT
> You are right, the runtime problem with share persists...

> I assume you are proposing something like Sun does in its JWSDP -
> packaging Xerces along and refactoring it to com.sun.* classes?

This is one possibility, other suggestions are also welcome. :-)

> And you are only proposing it for the deployed jar-files, not for development?

We would need to consider the impact of all code in other parts of the
Tomahawk implementation that reference the shared codebase.  Would it
use the Core package or the Tomahawk package?

This code sharing technique is more self-contained if the Tomahawk
codebase only references the Tomahawk packages.  Therefore, we might
be better off treating the shared codebase as a set of templates that
are used to generate code for the appropriate package in each of the
Core and Tomahawk projects.

Kind Regards,
John Fallows.