myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Marinschek <martin.marinsc...@gmail.com>
Subject new Input html text component
Date Sun, 12 Jun 2005 12:54:06 GMT
Hi there,

a new component is available: an input text component to which you
supply a helper string. If this helper string is supplied and you
click into the component, the value of the component is selected (if
the actual value is the helper string) and you can start typing in a
new value which overwrites the helper string.

This might prove very valuable for the case of international
applications, where you want to provide the user some feedback how
s/he can enter the field's value, the helper string might e.g. be
"dd.mm.yyyy" for a date field, or "x.xxx.xxx,xx" for a number field.

This component was developed by one of my students, Thomas Obereder,
who supplied the sources. Thanks to him!

try it out - feedback appreciated!

Additionally, I would like to drag several of Werner's components over
from sourceforge, if your feedback on that is positive.

regards,

Martin