myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Rossmueller <oli...@tuxerra.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: Elimiante jar files from SVN
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 00:18:38 GMT
-1 on that. Please don't make the build more complex than needed. Not
any stuff that seems to be cool to implement should be implemented.

What's your problem with having the required libs in the repository? For
me there are advantages only:

- one source fits it all: you check out the svn module and have
everything you need to build
- the libs are versioned with the code which depends on the libs
- you have everything maintained in one place, the svn repository; no
need for external jar repositories or stuff like that
- no build is blocked because the download of a required lib is not
working for whatever reason (firewalls, network failures, ...)

If you ever had the html of a http 500 page as the contents of a jar
file in your maven repository instead of the required jar itself you
know what I'm talking about. So do not try to imitate maven just by
other means but follow the KISS principle and keep it simple, please.

Oliver

--
Oliver Rossmueller
Software Engineer and IT-Consultant