myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Klaer <pkl...@infeurope.lu>
Subject jsValueChangeListener + DataTable: onchange tag value is not correct
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2005 13:55:30 GMT
Hi *,

I'm using your sample application code for the jsValueChangeListener.

Now, using the jsValueChangeListener with DataTable I have some problems.

1st Problem:
- One row in a table with a dropdown and jsValuechangeListener.
- Add a second row to position index 0 and the new entry has a DropDown
component tag rendered="false"
- Not normal now: The second DropDown component (index 1) tag
onchange="orgApacheMyfacesJsListenerSetExpressionProperty...." has now
the ids for index 0 and 1 for the onchange tag. I get now a JavaScript
error because the first component is not rendered and therefore there is
an error: "Object required, source-element: null." The JavaScript can't
find the component on position 0. What is correct because the component
is not rendered.

2nd:
Same problem appears if you set for both components rendered="true" and
delete a row with a component from the DataTable. The "onchange"
attribute still has an entry for the index 1 and causes a similar js
error...

I think the problem is because of the (Class
JsValueChangeListenerRenderer line 118) "value = oldValueStr + value;"
wich is adding the old script to the new component value.

It seems that the jsValueChangeListener is not prepared for the use if
the amount of components is changing. I could not found the line in the
code for resetting the "onchange" value.

It is always adding the old value to the new value...

Can one of you tell me please the right usage of the code? Or am I right
that the use of the jsValueChangeListener is not yet prepared for the
DataTable with a changing amount of components?

Best Regards

Paul Klaer