myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Schofield <sean.schofi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: Elimiante jar files from SVN
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2005 15:53:26 GMT
As for removing the jars from SVN, I think we should consider this
matter closed.  Its a good idea for several reasons which Craig,
Martin and others have articulated quite clearly.  Not only will this
save bandwith (and therefore money) for the ASF, but it brings us into
compliance with the standard by which other ASF projects do things.

When possible, the various ASF projects should try to do things in a
similar fashion.  Regardless of how one might decide to do things in
their corporate environment, ASF has its own way of doing things.
MyFaces should comply with the formal and informal practices of the
other projects whenever there is not a compelling reason to deviate
from those norms.

There is still the matter of including jars in the binary distro, etc.
where I can see advantages and disadvantages to the two approaches.
But as far as jars in SVN are concerned, it seems quite clear that
this practice should end.

sean