myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <craig...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sorry for all the SVN commits
Date Fri, 27 May 2005 06:50:59 GMT
On 5/25/05, Sean Schofield <sean.schofield@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just reran the build script (for the website) on a new build
> machine.  Evidently we ran into a timestamp issue again.  The good
> news is that the website build should be automated and if we only
> build it on my machine we won't have all those extra commits.

You also wouldn't have those commits if the javadoc files in question
were simply installed on a standard web server somewhere and then
pointed at by the website, rather than being part of the website build
process.

I've become convinced (and this last email flood, on top of a week's
worth of other mail that just made it worse, reinforces this feeling)
that committing Struts 1.0 javadocs to our source repository was a
mistake.  I would encourage the MyFaces folks to reconsider this as
well.

Craig