myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Korhonen, Kalle" <kkorh...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: Vote for new displayValueOnly attribute
Date Tue, 10 May 2005 19:07:16 GMT

It doesn't mutate, it'd be an aggregate component conditionally
rendering either inputText or outputText as its children. There are
other aggregate component that implicitly render other components. The
idea with editable family of components was to avoid semantic problem
with x:inputText not directly mapped to/implementing HTML input (like
h:inputText) but of course, nothing says that x:inputText should be tied
to HTML component.

While discussing this has taken a long time, I don't see any wrong in
it. It's still cheap and easy compared to implementing different
components, then comparing their implementations, fixing possible bugs
etc.

Kalle