myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Korhonen, Kalle" <kkorh...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: Vote for new displayValueOnly attribute
Date Tue, 10 May 2005 17:34:13 GMT

Sure, I got no problem implementing new components. I don't know about
this voting thing, but I was just suggesting an alternative way to
implement the same behavior, whether Sylvain, me or somebody else
implements it. Once Sylvain has given some consideration to this, but
still thinks displayValueOnly way of doing this is better than
editableText, I'd be fine with it. So I guess it means my vote's 0. If
we were voting of whether or not we should add this functionality
regardless of implementation, my vote would be a clear +1. See, voting
is just too limiting in many cases - and in many cases I think we could
handle things just as well, maybe even better without voting but just
discussing the matter through.

For Grant.. Yeah, the component would render either an input component
or an output component, e.g. editableText would render either inputText
or outputText.

Kalle