myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Korhonen, Kalle" <kkorh...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: [Myfaces-develop] New feature suggestion : Edit mode
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 03:48:17 GMT
Shouldn't we rather use the standard "readonly" attribute for this, as
specified in JSF RI?

Kalle

 readonly	false	false	java.lang.String	Flag indicating
that this component will prohibit changes by the user. The element may
receive focus unless it has also been disabled.

________________________________

	From: Sylvain Vieujot [mailto:svieujot@apache.org]
	Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 6:53 PM
	To: dev@myfaces.apache.org
	Subject: Fwd: [Myfaces-develop] New feature suggestion : Edit
mode

	Quite sometimes ago, we discussed on adding an editMode
attribute the meaningful x: components.
	The explanation for this is in the forwarded email discussion
bellow.

	To summarize what it's about :
	<x:inputText ... editMode="true"> renders as the standard input
box
	<x:inputText ... editMode="false"> renders as an x:outputText

	I now need those features, and would like to implement them
(have them implemented).
	So, I would like to check everyone still agrees with this.

	Thanks,

	Sylvain.

	Subject: Re: [Myfaces-develop] New feature suggestion : Edit
mode
	Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 10:51:39 -0400
	One more precision :
	I didn't dig into the role based access -- used in disabled for
example -- right now.
	Maybe we have to think for one minute about the integration of
this with editMode.

	As of now, I think it works well :
	editMode == true => standard behavior
	editMode == false => renders as output anyway.

	But as I'm not sure I fully understand the MyFaces roles right
now, maybe I'm wrong or there is something smarter to do.

	Sylvain.