myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Dudney <bdud...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5
Date Tue, 31 May 2005 16:36:28 GMT
Ok,

One last post on this topic, if we copy the jsp-2.0.jar into the
examples they do deploy and appear to run on both 4.0.6 and 4.1.31.

Any thoughts on changing the Tomcat 5.5 docs to instead be Tomcat 4.x
and have people add the jsp-2.0.jar file to their deployments?

I think we need to change the docs one way or the other since 5.5.7
and up works fine with our examples out of the box.

Thoughts?

-bd-

On May 31, 2005, at 10:23 AM, Bill Dudney wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Well now I feel like a bone head. A friend was complaining that the
> 5.5 docs were hard to follow so I figured I'd just update a bit
> without trying them since at one point they worked for me.
>
> Well I just went through and deployed the myfaces-examples and
> myfaces-simple-examples webapps and both work (neither have the
> jsp2.0 jar file anymore though). I downloaded from the 1.0.9 build.
>
> So I'm not sure that the directions are valid at all. From looking
> at the build files nothing appears to be using the tomcat.pre.
> 5.5.version flag anymore anyway. Perhaps whatever required these
> two changes (removing the two jar files) before deploying to 5.5
> has been changed.
>
> I'd be glad to remove the tomcat5.5.xml file from the docs if
> everyone concurs that there is not an issue anymore.
>
> Does anyone have an older version (I tried 5.5.9 and 5.5.7, I could
> not find an older one) to try out the examples out on? If its not
> been a problem since 5.5.1 or so then we could probably remove our
> cautionary info from the docs.
>
> TTFN,
>
> -bd-
>
> On May 31, 2005, at 1:52 AM, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
>

>> btw. has anyone ever asked the Tomcat folks, what the reason for
>> that behaivor?
>> Why must we *remove* the JARs ?
>>
>> On 5/31/05, Bruno Aranda <brunoaranda@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> IMO it would be better to generate automatically the two builds
>>> for each
>>> application (or at least the examples), so users could directly