myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Dudney <bdud...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5
Date Tue, 31 May 2005 16:23:04 GMT
Hi All,

Well now I feel like a bone head. A friend was complaining that the
5.5 docs were hard to follow so I figured I'd just update a bit
without trying them since at one point they worked for me.

Well I just went through and deployed the myfaces-examples and
myfaces-simple-examples webapps and both work (neither have the
jsp2.0 jar file anymore though). I downloaded from the 1.0.9 build.

So I'm not sure that the directions are valid at all. From looking at
the build files nothing appears to be using the tomcat.pre.
5.5.version flag anymore anyway. Perhaps whatever required these two
changes (removing the two jar files) before deploying to 5.5 has been
changed.

I'd be glad to remove the tomcat5.5.xml file from the docs if
everyone concurs that there is not an issue anymore.

Does anyone have an older version (I tried 5.5.9 and 5.5.7, I could
not find an older one) to try out the examples out on? If its not
been a problem since 5.5.1 or so then we could probably remove our
cautionary info from the docs.

TTFN,

-bd-