myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Marinschek <martin.marinsc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MyFaces at JavaOne 2005?
Date Sun, 22 May 2005 22:55:54 GMT
Hi Jonas,

we would be there the whole week (no sense in flying to San Francisco
and do sight-seeing there if you can attend a Java conference ;).
Originally, Thomas and me didn't plan to go, but Manfred is going for
sure (he is the only one who is not self-employed of the three of us,
so his expenses are covered for anyways ;)

But if we can do a session we will come, don't worry about the
airfare. If you could get Thomas and me a conference pass, we would be
very grateful, though...

I think for a 20-25 minutes session, something about MyFaces in
general will be best. That means we would probably do some
"covering-the-basics-stuff". I don't know how much JSF will have been
done in sessions before, so you might want to tell me where we shoud
lay our emphasis.

Matthias Wessendorf and me have prepared a session for the ApacheCon,
so maybe we can use some of those slides (subject to his permission,
which I will probably get).

The session would look something like the following:

Title: "Apache MyFaces - Open Source JavaServer Faces"

Abstract: Building on the JSF (JavaServer Faces) specification, Apache
MyFaces was designed to provide users with an open-source
implementation of this widely accepted standard for web-development
frameworks. This presentation tries to give you a short summary of
what JSF is and how you can use it to build modern web applications.
Additionally, we cover the Apache MyFaces implementation of JSF and
some of the great goodies you get from using MyFaces - we concentrate
on the MyFaces additions to the core framework and on our custom
components. These features include built in support for Tiles, which
allows you to compose web pages from basic modules, or a cool WML
RenderKit.

regards,

Martin