myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Marinschek <martin.marinsc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Vote for new displayValueOnly attribute
Date Tue, 10 May 2005 21:52:14 GMT
Essentially,

the proposals are as follows:

#1: create new components which implement the desired behaviour, being
sure that there is no semantic problem with an inputText not rendering
as a html-input when the flag is set to true - having the necessity of
creating and maintaining the new components, tags, renderers - maybe 5
or 10 of them.

#2: implement the behaviour in the existing components, have an
additional attribute which controls the rendering and done. There
might be a semantic problem here, but a lot less work for creating and
maintaining a new set of components.

my opinion: for that great little feature we could all use in our
applications, an additional sets of components (where we have MyFaces
extended components anyways!) is overkill...

regards,

Martin