myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Manfred Geiler <manfred.gei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposed SVN Reorg
Date Tue, 31 May 2005 09:06:18 GMT
Thanks, Sean, for your spirit, I'm flabbergasted.

Only a few questions to be sure I understand everything:
* The proposed directories are meant to reside in the current myfaces
root, right? So we would get
  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/current
  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/core
  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/sandbox
and so on. Correct?
* What about the current directories "branches", "tags", "trunck" and
"trunk". Any chance to get rid of them later?
* How is the current link functioning? What exactly do I get when I
check out? Isn't there an awkward overlap between the examples,
sandbox and tomahawk src dir?
* How will the build-script(s) be organized? Some ant targets will
only function properly when I check out the "current" tree, so that
everything is on the right place. Is that correct? Or is there a way
to make the targets function regardless of that.
* The xdocs subproject will need a (virtual) build dir, too, I think.

Regarding share: I also have the feeling that the "right" place is the
core subproject. So I agree that the "physical" dirs should go there
and the tomahawk share should be the "virtual" dir (i.e. a link).

All in all, I'm very happy about this proposal. Thanks again, Sean.

-Manfred