myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Rossmueller <oli...@tuxerra.com>
Subject HtmlRenderUtils: why is submitted value set to empty string?
Date Wed, 25 May 2005 01:34:50 GMT
I stumbled over the following code (lines 82ff of
org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.HtmlRendererUtils):

            //request parameter not found, nothing to decode - set
submitted value to empty
            //if the component has not been disabled
            if(!isDisabledOrReadOnly(component))
            {
                ((EditableValueHolder) component).setSubmittedValue(
RendererUtils.EMPTY_STRING );
            }

The whole else branch is for components like checkboxes or radiobuttons
where no value is submitted if they are not checked. But I could not
find a reason for why submittedValue is set to empty string. IMHO line
86 should be

                ((EditableValueHolder) component).setSubmittedValue(null);

So what am I missing here?

Oliver

--
Oliver Rossmueller