myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Broekelmann, Mathias" <MBroekelm...@PSI.DE>
Subject UIData.getValue() is only called once
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 09:10:42 GMT
Hi,

the problem I have is that the UIData.getValue() method for a datatable component is only
called once during the request processing. If anything changes to the datamodel content, like
sorting or add/remove rows the user must return a DataModel instance for the valuebinding
of the value attribute and hold the instance during the request. Every change to the datamodel
must call DataModel.setWrappedData(...) on the instance which was returned by the value binding.

It's ok for me since I understand that it is not possible to call UIData.getValue() everytime
to get the data. But it would be very nice for the users who donĀ“t expect that behavior that
the UIData.getValue() method is definitely called when the rendering phase is started.

Mathias