myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Brandon Goodin <brandon.goo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nightly build
Date Fri, 13 May 2005 21:31:47 GMT
Sorry,  I was responding to Manfred. I think i came in on the middel
of a conversation without knowing the context ;-) my bad :D.

"Does svn make a diff and some kind of optimization during the final commit?
Otherwise we would always have a new repository version for every
single file regardless if it was really changed or not."

I was simply saying that the change is maintained on the commit. It is
not maintained based on the number of files that have changed. So, if
you changed 20 files, deleted 10 and replaced 4  the overall version
number would only increment by 1 if you perform it in 1 commit.

Brandon

On 5/13/05, Sean Schofield <sean.schofield@gmail.com> wrote:
> Brandon,
>
> I take it you are saying you should not svn delete and svn add over
> and over again?  If so, I agree with you.  My plan was to do a regular
> delete and then commit.  TortoiseSVN seems to allow this bug svnant
> does not.  So I am stuck.
>
> Anyone have a suggestion on how I can do this easily in Ant?
> Obviously one could write scripts, etc. but I'm looking to do it in
> Ant if possible.
>
> sean
>

> On 5/13/05, Brandon Goodin <brandon.goodin@gmail.com> wrote:
> > This is how SVN functions. It strongly recommends against trying to
> > subvert this functionality. SVN works on the idea that 1 change to the
> > repository is a change to the whole repository. You CAN diff your
> > repository and see changes on various levels. So, you can see what has
> > changed and get a report the same as CVS. I'd recommend that you read
> > the SVN manual.  http://svnbook.red-bean.com/
> >
> > Brandon
> >
> > On 5/13/05, Manfred Geiler <manfred.geiler@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Does svn make a diff and some kind of optimization during the final commit?
> > > Otherwise we would always have a new repository version for every
> > > single file regardless if it was really changed or not.
> > > -Manfred

>:

changes etc.

couldn't get a binary version
source had several issues
to jsvn after reading
the most complete java

picked up "svnant

I'm doing a few more tests.

wrote:

> [...]
at my office now.  Next step is to
any experience with using SVN with
around for a custom task since its
tasks.

fine.

get SVN working for nightly build.  The
still not figured out how to open
need to get that resolved ASAP.  Then

to look at Manfred's website build
next and look into automating that

< manfred.geiler@gmail.com>
javadoc and tlddoc creation to
those dirs are updated automatically.
up" on minotaur, but mirrors have not been

on homepage are currently broken. Will
my fault, because I cleaned up the website
I checked it out from SVN. So I will add
in SVN, so that this cannot happen again in
possible to add the doc creation and upload
steps would be great:
build docs in ${ project.dir}/../site
it automatically
minotaur

> [...]