myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Brandon Goodin <brandon.goo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nightly build
Date Fri, 13 May 2005 19:23:34 GMT
This is how SVN functions. It strongly recommends against trying to
subvert this functionality. SVN works on the idea that 1 change to the
repository is a change to the whole repository. You CAN diff your
repository and see changes on various levels. So, you can see what has
changed and get a report the same as CVS. I'd recommend that you read
the SVN manual.  http://svnbook.red-bean.com/

Brandon

On 5/13/05, Manfred Geiler <manfred.geiler@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does svn make a diff and some kind of optimization during the final commit?
> Otherwise we would always have a new repository version for every
> single file regardless if it was really changed or not.
> -Manfred
>
> 2005/5/13, Bruno Aranda <brunoaranda@gmail.com>:
> > Yes, Sean, this is how it should be. You first svn delete all HTMLs and then
> > regenerate them and svn add the new files. If you then check the status of
> > the svn, it will tell you that all regenerated files are 'replaced' or
> > 'added', depending if they existed before, and the not regenerated files are
> > marked with 'delete'. After the commit, you will have only the regenerated
> > files in the repository.
> >
> >  Bruno
> >

> > 2005/5/13, Sean Schofield <sean.schofield@gmail.com>:
> > > Manfred,
> > >
> > > I too seem to recall that forrest has a clean command but I don't
> > > think that will help with the javadoc and tlddoc (unless there are
> > > comparable commands for those.)
> > >
> > > Bruno,
> > >
> > > The delete command would be fine but we don't know in advance which
> > > files are to be deleted.  Ex. We remove a class file and so we no
> > > longer want the corresponding HTML file in the javadoc.  Are you
> > > saying that deleting the files with svn delete and then regenerating
> > > them will only result in an svn delete for the files that were not
> > > replaced?
> > >
> > > sean

> > quick
> > files

> [...]
> [...]