myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Sven Schulz" <schul...@gmx.net>
Subject MyFacesGenericPortlet behaviour
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 15:09:14 GMT
I'm using MyFaces within JBoss Portal 2.0 RC1. I wonder if the portlet
bridge (i.e. MyFacesGenericPortlet) is handling render requests (doView,
doHelp, doEdit) correctly.

Assume that we have a portal with two portlets on the same page. When a
action request comes in for one of them the whole JSF lifecycle is executed
for this portlet. The other is activated by a render request (doView). The
current implementation of the bridge skips all lifecycle stages up to the
render response phase. This means that the component tree is not restored.
As a consequence all components are recreated from scratch. This is
inefficient and in my opinion wrong. I think at least the Restore View phase
should be executed for every incoming request. Why not executing all phases?