myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Schofield <sean.schofi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nightly build
Date Fri, 13 May 2005 21:52:56 GMT
Gotcha.

On 5/13/05, Brandon Goodin <brandon.goodin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry,  I was responding to Manfred. I think i came in on the middel
> of a conversation without knowing the context ;-) my bad :D.
>
> "Does svn make a diff and some kind of optimization during the final commit?
> Otherwise we would always have a new repository version for every
> single file regardless if it was really changed or not."
>
> I was simply saying that the change is maintained on the commit. It is
> not maintained based on the number of files that have changed. So, if
> you changed 20 files, deleted 10 and replaced 4  the overall version
> number would only increment by 1 if you perform it in 1 commit.
>
> Brandon
>
> On 5/13/05, Sean Schofield <sean.schofield@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Brandon,
> >
> > I take it you are saying you should not svn delete and svn add over
> > and over again?  If so, I agree with you.  My plan was to do a regular
> > delete and then commit.  TortoiseSVN seems to allow this bug svnant
> > does not.  So I am stuck.
> >
> > Anyone have a suggestion on how I can do this easily in Ant?
> > Obviously one could write scripts, etc. but I'm looking to do it in
> > Ant if possible.
> >
> > sean
> >

> > On 5/13/05, Brandon Goodin <brandon.goodin@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > This is how SVN functions. It strongly recommends against trying to
> > > subvert this functionality. SVN works on the idea that 1 change to the
> > > repository is a change to the whole repository. You CAN diff your
> > > repository and see changes on various levels. So, you can see what has
> > > changed and get a report the same as CVS. I'd recommend that you read
> > > the SVN manual.  http://svnbook.red-bean.com/
> > >
> > > Brandon

>:

don't need the distro.  One
ant and svn to "delete"
rebuilding our website and

wrote:

> [...]
 I couldn't get a binary version
the source had several issues
moved to jsvn after reading
being the most complete java

but I picked up "svnant
off-list if you want.

but I'm doing a few more tests.

Schofield wrote:

> [...]
at my office now.  Next step is to
have any experience with using SVN with
hunt around for a custom task since its
tasks.

just fine.

to get SVN working for nightly build.  The
have still not figured out how to open
 I need to get that resolved ASAP.  Then

chance to look at Manfred's website build
that next and look into automating that

Geiler < manfred.geiler@gmail.com>
the javadoc and tlddoc creation to
creation those dirs are updated automatically.
"svn up" on minotaur, but mirrors have not been

javadoc on homepage are currently broken. Will
ASAP.
it was my fault, because I cleaned up the website
I checked it out from SVN. So I will add
site in SVN, so that this cannot happen again in
it possible to add the doc creation and upload
steps would be great:
build docs in ${ project.dir}/../site
commit it automatically
it to minotaur

Grant Smith < grants@marathon-man.com>:

> [...]
probably now need to urgently update the nightly
to Subversion instead of CVS.
? :)