myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Schofield <sean.schofi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nightly build
Date Fri, 13 May 2005 21:11:20 GMT
Brandon,

I take it you are saying you should not svn delete and svn add over
and over again?  If so, I agree with you.  My plan was to do a regular
delete and then commit.  TortoiseSVN seems to allow this bug svnant
does not.  So I am stuck.

Anyone have a suggestion on how I can do this easily in Ant?
Obviously one could write scripts, etc. but I'm looking to do it in
Ant if possible.

sean

On 5/13/05, Brandon Goodin <brandon.goodin@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is how SVN functions. It strongly recommends against trying to
> subvert this functionality. SVN works on the idea that 1 change to the
> repository is a change to the whole repository. You CAN diff your
> repository and see changes on various levels. So, you can see what has
> changed and get a report the same as CVS. I'd recommend that you read
> the SVN manual.  http://svnbook.red-bean.com/
>
> Brandon
>
> On 5/13/05, Manfred Geiler <manfred.geiler@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Does svn make a diff and some kind of optimization during the final commit?
> > Otherwise we would always have a new repository version for every
> > single file regardless if it was really changed or not.
> > -Manfred
> >
> > 2005/5/13, Bruno Aranda <brunoaranda@gmail.com>:
> > > Yes, Sean, this is how it should be. You first svn delete all HTMLs and then
> > > regenerate them and svn add the new files. If you then check the status of
> > > the svn, it will tell you that all regenerated files are 'replaced' or
> > > 'added', depending if they existed before, and the not regenerated files are
> > > marked with 'delete'. After the commit, you will have only the regenerated
> > > files in the repository.
> > >
> > >  Bruno

> > > quick
> > > files

> [...]
> [...]
> [...]
> [...]