myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Vieujot <svieu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sandbox
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 19:13:05 GMT
I'm fine with that and find it simpler to have it in the trunk.

I have a related question.

Right now, I have done 2 little utilities that help me resolve small
problems.
They are 2 abstract implementations of Map : ActionMap and TestMap, and
I find them handy to use in many common cases.

Here are 2 examples :
1) ActionMap : For example, when you have a list of file, and want to
have a checkbox to delete a file, you just add the following code in
your page :

	<h:column>
		<h:selectBooleanCheckbox value="#{pageFace.removeFileName[file.name]}"/>
		<h:outputText value="delete"/>
	</h:column>

And in your backing bean :

	public ActionsMap getRemoveFileName(){
		return new ActionsMap(){
			@Override
			public void performAction(String fileName) {
				getFiles().remove( fileName );
			}
		};
	}

2) TestMap : I use it to pass parameters to methods using a map, and
getting a boolean result.
For example, if you want to render a component if a user is in 2 roles,
the visibleOnUserRole isn't enough.
So, in my backing bean, I have this method :

	public TestsMap getUserInRole(){
		return new TestsMap(){
			@Override
			public boolean getTest(String roleName) {
				return getHttpServletRequest().isUserInRole( roleName );
			}
		};
	}

And now, I can do any test I want in EL : #{myBean.isUserInRole
['Accountant'] && myBean.isUserInRole['CountryUnit']}

It's quite limited now, but due to the limitations of the EL, small
utilities like that can help.
My suggestion is to do a utilities library (similar to commons.lang,
with StringUtils, ...) for EL, and maybe for JSF if more good candidates
emerge.

So, I wonder first if you guys feels this is of any use to include this
in MyFaces, and if so, how do we handle that ?
Those aren't components, but should we do a sandbox for libraries to, or
just an additional myfaces-utilities.jar ????

Thanks,

Sylvain.