myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Vieujot <svieu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Vote for new displayValueOnly attribute
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 04:22:29 GMT
Sean & Kalle,

I agree that this discussion helped to clarify some things, but I'm a
quite worried by the time and efforts it takes to agree on such a small
feature.
I don't underestimate the necessity of having a well thought API, but as
all of you, my time is spare, and I disagree that there is no harm in a
prolonged discussion.
If it's just too much effort to decide such issues, I should better do a
hack on my own, and forget about including it in Myfaces.

Please don't take this as an offense, it's just a general worry that
this would afraid others like me of contributing anything else than bug
fixes.
I also dislike this voting process, but it is an attempt to keep this in
a reasonable time frame, so please try to make your mind, but don't ask
for another week of emails & extensive explanations.

As for the summary of the options, I agree with the one Martin just did
(thanks for your help by the way).

Sylvain.