myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Rolf Kulemann <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Myfaces-develop] New feature suggestion : Edit mode
Date Thu, 05 May 2005 18:00:48 GMT
On Thu, 2005-05-05 at 11:32, Martin Marinschek wrote:
> yes, that is exactly my problem as well. look at the code below - I
> generally have 20 fields like that per form, unmanageable at all:
>
>             <h:panelGroup>
>                 <h:inputText id="editableRequestLimit"
> value="#{limitDetail.limitView.requestLimit}" styleClass="text"
>                     converter="#{converterBean.amountConvt}"
> rendered="#{limitDetail.limitView.changeable}"/>
>                 <h:outputText
> value="#{limitDetail.limitView.requestLimit}" styleClass="text"
>                     converter="#{converterBean.amountConvt}"
> rendered="#{!limitDetail.limitView.changeable}"/>
>             </h:panelGroup>
>
> In comparison, that looks rather nice:
>
>                 <h:inputText id="editableRequestLimit"
> value="#{limitDetail.limitView.requestLimit}" styleClass="text"
>                     converter="#{converterBean.amountConvt}"
> editable="#{limitDetail.limitView.changeable}"/>

inputText should definitely support @editable. If I understand you guys
correct, you think editable="false" means, the component is rendered as
an outputText. IMHO it should be rendered as a readonly input field.

<input ... readonly="true" .../>

Otherwise, two different concepts/semantics are mixed, which is bad
imho.

Makes sense?

--
Rolf Kulemann