myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Heath Borders <heath.bord...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ADF Faces and MyFaces' forceId
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 23:04:07 GMT
I inadvertently realized that you didn't actually need to wrap all your
includes in <f:subviews>, when I accidentally forgot to do it once. I just
kept on doing it for blind consistency reasons :-). Still, it seems either
that the option should be applied to a UIData, or else UIData should have a
standardized way that it modifies its clientId depending on its row.

Currently, the API says:
"Return a client identifier for this component that includes the current
value of the rowIndex property, if it is not set to -1. This implies that
multiple calls to getClientId() may return different results, but ensures
that child components can themselves generate row-specific client
identifiers (since
UIData<http://java.sun.com/j2ee/javaserverfaces/1.1_01/docs/api/javax/faces/component/UIData.html>is
NamingContainer<http://java.sun.com/j2ee/javaserverfaces/1.1_01/docs/api/javax/faces/component/NamingContainer.html>
)."
 Obviously, if it said, "appends the row index between []'s after
UIComponentBase's clientId" would provide a more solid interface for
developers.

--
-Heath Borders-Wing
hborders@mail.win.org