myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Heath Borders <heath.bord...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ADF Faces and MyFaces' forceId
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 22:02:25 GMT
Sorry, I meant appending, not prepending.

As far as not allowing turning off all parent NamingContainer
prependings, I'm not sure that the disambiguation from <f:subview> is
acceptable, especially in cases where you are developing a large
application using Tiles.

In our case, we have our pages nested inside multiple subviews that
wrap various abstractions needed by different pages.  However, the
content dropped into those Tiles needn't ever change.  If there is no
way to obliterate all prepended ids, it makes it nearly impossible to
develop code inside a page that has no knowledge of its parent subview
structure.

--
-Heath Borders-Wing
hborders@mail.win.org