myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Heath Borders <heath.bord...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ResponseWriter.endDocument() vs. ADF Faces (and, hello)
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 19:25:23 GMT
We would have to parse the response then, and add it properly.  The
issue is that you cannot guarantee that the <html /> tag will be
closed after the <f:view /> tag is.  When the <f:view /> is closed,
that's when the endDocument() method is called.  So, if a user has the
following JSP:

<f:view>
<f:verbatim>
</f:verbatim>
<%-- more JSF content --%>
<f:verbatim>
</f:verbatim>
</f:view>

This could result in the following html:
<!-- rendered JSF content -->
<form name="dummyForm" action="foo.faces">
</form>
<script language="Javascript">
// autoscroll javascript
</script>

On Apr 1, 2005 12:36 PM, Korhonen, Kalle <kkorhone@cisco.com> wrote:
> [...]
I suggested to use ExtensionsFilter for this à la SiteMesh, what do you think?

--
-Heath Borders-Wing
hborders@mail.win.org