myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Winer <awi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ADF Faces and MyFaces' forceId
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 21:47:38 GMT
Prepending a row-number isn't that ideal, since that necessarily
violates the naming rules for IDs, which must start with letters,
an underscore, or a colon:

  http://www.xml.com/axml/target.html#NT-Name

... but the decision (and my opinion) was that turning off *all*
prepending with one flag is simply too blunt, and didn't give
you a way to say something like "look, I'm sick of that form
ID getting in the way, but I can accept disambiguation from
<f:subview>".

-- Adam