myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Stan Silvert" <stan.silv...@jboss.com>
Subject RE: Who belongs to the 'apsite' group on Minotaur?
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2005 02:36:06 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig McClanahan [mailto:craigmcc@gmail.com]
Sent: Thu 4/14/2005 6:18 PM
To: Stan Silvert
Cc: MyFaces Development; Sean Schofield
Subject: Re: Who belongs to the 'apsite' group on Minotaur?

On 4/14/05, Stan Silvert <stan.silvert@jboss.com> wrote:
> <rant>
> It seems to me that all this will be very confusing for users whether we
> call this "Beta" or "non-final".  We might as well call it "horse poop",
> because nobody will want to use it in a real app.
>
> It IS MyFaces 1.0.9.  It should only be called "Beta" if it is not ready
> for prime time.
>
> I know that before the JBoss Application Server passed the TCK we didn't
> go around calling our product "Beta".
> </rant>

And that was the subject of considerable discussions :-).

> Can we get a clarification from Sun as to what the requirements are?
> I'm sure they will be reasonable about it.

See the spec license at the front of the JSF specification, available at:

  http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=127

In particular, the second paragraph under "NOTICE: LIMITED LICENSE GRANTS".

Everyone has always wanted MyFaces to pass the TCK and be certified --
it's just time to get with the program.

> Stan Silvert
> JBoss, Inc.
> ssilvert@jboss.com