myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Rossmueller <oli...@tuxerra.com>
Subject Re: Cactus tests - HOWTO
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 23:36:08 GMT
Grant,

I suppose you miss junit.jar in your $ANT_HOME/lib directory, that's the
only jar I had to add. The ant junit task requires junit in the ant
classpath, so there is no way to get this done by the build.xml.

Oliver

Grant Smith wrote:

> Oliver Rossmueller wrote:
> Thanks for the info, Oliver.
>
> I was able to get a little further into the ant task before it
> complained this time. I think I don't have the correct jars available
> to the ant environment. Could you tell me exactly which jars are
> needed in $ANT_HOME/lib ? That would help immensely. It would also be
> nice (in the future) if we could modify the build.xml so that we dont
> have to manually make changes to the local ant envirenment in order to
> perform these tests - I may take that on after I get the tests working
> for myself.
>
> Thanks for your help!
> -Grant.
>
>> Grant,
>>
>> the problem is related to cactus 1.5 (or better the aspectj stuff
>> cactus 1.5 is using, which seems to be a problem for the 1.5 JVM). So
>> I updated cactus to the latest release 1.7 and now the tests are
>> executed without problems. Some tests are broken but the general
>> setup for cactus tests seems to be ok. So if you update to the latest
>> HEAD revision you'll get cactus 1.7 plus the xerces version required
>> by nekohtml to get the cactus tests working also on your box.
>>
>> Oliver
>>

>> Grant Smith wrote:
>>
>>> OK,
>>>
>>> So I thought I'd start being productive, and attack a simple JIRA
>>> issue. I zoned in on MYFACES-187, as it had a simple solution of
>>> removing some code. I commented out the code, then decided to run
>>> all-tests from the main build file.
>>>
>>> Firstly, ant complained about not having access to junit, so I
>>> configured IDEA to include it in the ANT environment. Should this
>>> not be fixed ?
>>>
>>> Secondly, every single cactus test failed with:
>>>
>>> Exception in constructor: testSimpleRender
>>> (java.lang.ClassFormatError: Invalid index 0 in LocalVariableTable
>>> in class file org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect at
>>> java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method) at
>>> java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:620) at
>>> java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
>>> at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260) at
>>> java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56) at
>>> java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:195) at
>>> java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at
>>> java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188) at
>>> java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306) at
>>> sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:268) at
>>> java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251) at

--
Oliver Rossmueller
Software Engineer and IT-Consultant