myfaces-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Grant Smith <gra...@marathon-man.com>
Subject Re: Cactus tests - HOWTO
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2005 21:04:57 GMT
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
  <meta content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type">
  <title></title>
</head>
<body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000">
Sean,<br>
<br>
The original build/foo/build.xml files did some processing based on the
value of the <br>
<pre>tomcat.pre.5.5.version
</pre>
property.<br>
<br>
Is this not required anymore ? I noticed that your build-webapps.xml
ignores it.<br>
<br>
+1 on the idea of having deploy-webapps.xml &amp; some kind of
cactus-tests.xml and removing the build/foo/build.xml's<br>
<br>
<br>
Sean Schofield wrote:
<blockquote cite="mid2387fbc505042610237e653e64@mail.gmail.com"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">I ran into a problem with the build.xml scripts inside each of the
build directories myself.  Ex. build/blank-webapp/build.xml  The
problem was that these referenced jars that were not in CVS (either by
license restriction or by choice.)

I made major modifications to the master build.xml and added a new
build-webapps.xml.  This is how all of the webapps are built for the
nighlty build and release.  I omitted everything to do with cactus and
tomcat deployment because this is overkill for some users and not
needed for the nightly build.

If we could come up with a single deploy-webapps.xml and call it from
the master build.xml that would be cool.  Basically something simliar
to what I set up for the release build of  the webapps.  Then we could
wipe out all of the build/foo directories.

I'm not sure about the cactus stuff but maybe we could also take this
approach with cactus.  I haven't used cactus in a long time so I'm
probably not the best person to do this.

sean


On 4/26/05, Grant Smith <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:grants@marathon-man.com">&lt;grants@marathon-man.com&gt;</a>
wrote:
  </pre>
  <blockquote type="cite">
    <pre wrap="">Oliver Rossmueller wrote:
Thanks for the info, Oliver.

I was able to get a little further into the ant task before it
complained this time. I think I don't have the correct jars available to
the ant environment. Could you tell me exactly which jars are needed in
$ANT_HOME/lib ? That would help immensely. It would also be nice (in the
future) if we could modify the build.xml so that we dont have to
manually make changes to the local ant envirenment in order to perform
these tests - I may take that on after I get the tests working for myself.

Thanks for your help!
-Grant.

    </pre>
    <blockquote type="cite">
      <pre wrap="">Grant,

the problem is related to cactus 1.5 (or better the aspectj stuff
cactus 1.5 is using, which seems to be a problem for the 1.5 JVM). So
I updated cactus to the latest release 1.7 and now the tests are
executed without problems. Some tests are broken but the general setup
for cactus tests seems to be ok. So if you update to the latest HEAD
revision you'll get cactus 1.7 plus the xerces version required by
nekohtml to get the cactus tests working also on your box.

Oliver


Grant Smith wrote:

      </pre>
      <blockquote type="cite">
        <pre wrap="">OK,

So I thought I'd start being productive, and attack a simple JIRA
issue. I zoned in on MYFACES-187, as it had a simple solution of
removing some code. I commented out the code, then decided to run
all-tests from the main build file.

Firstly, ant complained about not having access to junit, so I
configured IDEA to include it in the ANT environment. Should this not
be fixed ?

Secondly, every single cactus test failed with:

Exception in constructor: testSimpleRender
(java.lang.ClassFormatError: Invalid index 0 in LocalVariableTable in
class file org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect at
java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method) at
java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:620) at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260) at
java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56) at
java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:195) at
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at
java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188) at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306) at
sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:268) at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251) at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319) at

Now, it's obvious that I'm not configuring something correctly. I'm
running under Tomcat 5.5, Linux, JDK 1.5.0_2.

If somebody wants to fill me in on the delicate details of running
the tests successfully, I will document the process in the doc/
subdirectory.

Thanks,
Grant.
        </pre>
      </blockquote>
      <pre wrap="">


      </pre>
    </blockquote>
    <pre wrap="">
    </pre>
  </blockquote>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->

  </pre>
</blockquote>
<br>
</body>
</html>

Mime
View raw message