myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Vieujot <svieu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ResponseWriter.endDocument() vs. ADF Faces (and, hello)
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 19:43:51 GMT
No, I think Kalle is right.
As the extensions filter is ... a filter, you store some string
processings that will be performed on the generated html.
As this processing is performed after the all JSF response has been
completed, I don't think you have such problems.
It works exactly the same way SiteMesh works.

Sylvain.

On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 13:25 -0600, Heath Borders wrote:

> We would have to parse the response then, and add it properly.  The
> issue is that you cannot guarantee that the <html /> tag will be
> closed after the <f:view /> tag is.  When the <f:view /> is closed,
> that's when the endDocument() method is called.  So, if a user has the
> following JSP:
>
> <f:view>
> <f:verbatim>
> </f:verbatim>
> <%-- more JSF content --%>
> <f:verbatim>
> </f:verbatim>
> </f:view>
>
> This could result in the following html:
> <!-- rendered JSF content -->
> <form name="dummyForm" action="foo.faces">
> </form>
> <script language="Javascript">
> // autoscroll javascript
> </script>
>
> On Apr 1, 2005 12:36 PM, Korhonen, Kalle <kkorhone@cisco.com> wrote:

I suggested to use ExtensionsFilter for this à la SiteMesh, what do you think?