myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Manfred Geiler <manol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Project structure and release policy (was Re: Components subproject)
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:25:50 GMT
Sylvain Vieujot schrieb:
> Right now, I use the all in one jar, that also contains the javax.*
> namespace, and I have no problem (tomcat 5.5).
> Are you sure about this need to separate those classes ?

I do not know for tomcat 5.5, but with tomcat 5.0.x I had serious
problems when I deployed more than one webapps in different contexts and
every app had it's own javax.faces.* classes. Putting the
myfaces-api.jar to /common/lib solved this problem and is also the right
place as far as I understand the Tomcat structure.

Manfred