myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Schofield <sean.schofi...@gmail.com>
Subject Simplified Examples
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 15:06:20 GMT
Martin,

Matthias seemed to interpret your answer as favoring two sets of
examples.  One for simple examples and one basically the way it is
now.  I had a slightly different take on your answer.  I thought you
were agreeing with Sylvain that we should have one set of test
examples and one set of simple examples.

Are we both correct?  Did you mean that the current examples would be
the test examples?  I don't personally think this is a good idea.
Basically we will just be maintaining a second set of every example.

I think the test examples do not have to be inside the menu, etc.
Obviously you want a *single* test example (and simple example) that
uses the menu.  But keeping every example inside the menu framework is
what I object to.  Its harder to understand and maintain.

I have a few more simple examples to contribute but I am waiting for
this to be resolved.  Also I noticed Sylvain just updated his
HtmlEditor example.  Since I've already done all the work to simplify
the examples we should decide if we are going to use them before more
changes are made.

sean