myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Vieujot <svieu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Another bug in h:selectBooleanCheckbox while embeded in a x:dataTable
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2005 15:24:29 GMT
I think the real culprit id the dataTable.

Indeed, the checkbox works fine when it's out of an x:dataTable (see the
one on the first tab).

The reason to put the dataTable in a tabPanel in that example is to
generate an event that forces the page to re-render, without going
through the applyValues phase.
If you apply the values, then there is no bug.
So I guess somehow, the dataTable puts the submitted values in the
components, but doesn't restore them when it's decoded.

That being said, I looked at the HackDataTable, and the code seems to be
good.
So, my best guess is that there is a hidden bug somewhere in the
dataTable encoding / decoding related code.

Sylvain.