myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mart...@apache.org>
Subject RE: A few more suggestions
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2005 18:16:08 GMT

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:

> I guess it even better to setup
> first GUMP instead of *migrating*
> from CVS to subversion.

I'm not sure what you mean by "instead of". Gump is a different beast
entirely, and isn't related to whether you use CVS or SVN. It's more of a
continuous integration tool, although its goal is to ensure that changes
in one project don't inadvertently break other projects, rather than to
work on a project by project basis.

> Does anybody know much about GUMP?

I'm not an expert by any means. But I know enough to see that MyFaces is
already building successfully in Gump. For example, see the log at:

http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/buildLog.html

> Btw. Martin, are you using GUMP inside
> of Struts?

Gump isn't typically used by projects themselves. Rather, there is a Gump
installation that builds just about everything at the ASF (and many
projects from elsewhere as well) several times a day. If your project
breaks, you will receive "nag" messages telling you that.

--
Martin Cooper