myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Vieujot <svieu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Wrong behaviour of x:panelTabbedPane
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2005 01:55:05 GMT
Hello Alex,

I think I fixed just the bug for selectOneRadio.
But we still have an issues for UISelectItems.
If someone could look at line 140 of the HtmlCheckBoxRendererBase, and
line 463 of the RendererUtils, it would be great, as I think they too
are using the component's value, instead of checking for a submitted
value first.
I can't work on this right now as I'll be away from my computer for a
week, and I don't want to take the risk of breaking it before leaving.

An easy way to test test the problem is the same as for any component :
Put the component in an tab panel, with at least 2 tabs. Change the
component value, and then switch to another tab.
This should set the component's submitted value, but not change the
backing bean value.
When you switch back to initial tab, you should have the changed value.
If the user changes have been lost, then the component's renderer has a
bug. It always renders the backing bean value instead of looking first
for a submitted value.

By the way, if we could implement this test with cactus for every
component it would be great, as it's a really tempting error when you
write a renderer, and I think more basic components still have this bug.

Best regards,

Sylvain.