myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthias Wessendorf" <maili...@matthias-wessendorf.de>
Subject RE: Providing component design-time meta data
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2005 09:54:15 GMT
I just read the proposal and think now it would
be interessting, to become a (common) community-based
standard on that.

Has anyone read the proposal too?
BTW. I guess by SUN there is a proposal,
that addresses this issue for Studio Creator too.
But I am not sure...

I thing it's important for authors of JSF componets
to see their components supported by *any* (or nearly all).

I remember to some questions on MyFaces user list,
"howto use MyFaces' components with Sun Creator"
So ok, if anybody is *supporting* this feature,
that's fine.

But then, there comes the next, "howto integrate
the MyFaces' extentions with IBM's JSF"?
etc.

A common standard on that would be a great deal.
Also the proposal says, that's the most of *Metadata*
for JSF components is included in TLDs for JSP Taglib,
but perhaps, on a long term, there are other usages
as JSP for JSF components. (see [1])

Sure, that's all disscussable, but why not
talking about that? Perhaps the existing
proposals could be merged, to become
one standard, based on a disscussion
started by a growing community like
our ;-)