myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthias Wessendorf" <maili...@matthias-wessendorf.de>
Subject RE: "Use Cases" Example Webapp for the Shale proposal
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2005 12:56:22 GMT
BaTien,

no, it doesn't work. :(

What I did:

1) changed faces-config.xml of Shale-UseCases-Sample
   (added TilesViewHandler)
2) changed web.xml
   (added tiles.xml as Context Parameter)
3) added Struts.jar to web-inf/lib
4) *wrapped* /usecases.jsp (aka usecases.faces)
   in tiles.xml like:
    <definition name="uscases.tiles" path="/uscases.jsp" />

I don't see, what I missed...
but it was only a short try.

Perhaps I look deeper into it
next days.

BTW. here is the message from tomcat...

ERROR:
HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

message

it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException
	javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:129)

org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doForward(PageContextImpl.java
:670)

org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.forward(PageContextImpl.java:6
37)
	org.apache.jsp.index_jsp._jspService(index_jsp.java:45)

org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:94)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.ja
va:324)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:292)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236)

org.apache.shale.faces.InvokeCommand.execute(InvokeCommand.java:40)

org.apache.commons.chain.impl.ChainBase.execute(ChainBase.java:166)

org.apache.shale.faces.ShaleApplicationFilter.doFilter(ShaleApplicationF
ilter.java:225)

root cause

java.lang.NullPointerException

org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspTilesViewHandlerImpl.renderView(Js
pTilesViewHandlerImpl.java:199)

org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:290
)
	javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:110)