myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From cars...@wildehor.de
Subject RE: Shale for 2.x? (was Re: RoadMap)
Date Thu, 30 Dec 2004 00:46:57 GMT
What is the main pruposal of MyFaces? I see
a: the need of an open source implementation of JSF and
b: like the idea to implement 'extras' to give the open source
implamantation a real meaning to use it *g*

In my opinion shale and similar projects are trying to fill a gap for
existing applications or programmers which have not the possibility to
change to jsf completly. I developed a application for a company with
realy many cooperations so struts ore jsf was no alternative for us
because of branding problems and similars. I would realy like to see the
focus of the MyFaces on the JSF implementation with performance and
stability with the plus of realy needed or 'neat' components to higher the
aceptance. Trying to assimilate the one or other project should be the
third or further focus to get some attention for developers which have not
the chance to decide which technology to use but giving them a plus for
the decicionmaker. My opinion is definetly egoistic but i think it is the
only chance to deliver extraordinary good code. (even better than sun's
(sooorry lars *g* )).

It that sense and do not flame me please

Carsten Fregin

P.S.
This is my 11 beer with my investor so please are mercyfull with my bad
english and typos *g*