myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Shale for 2.x? (was Re: RoadMap)
Date Thu, 30 Dec 2004 15:20:09 GMT
On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 09:44:16 +0100, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
> I also amazed about all the shouts "JSF is dead"... JSF is a
> standard, that is an important point! Not only for support via
> tool/server manufacturers

Just to be clear, that's not something any of the Struts committers are shouting. :)

What the Struts committers seem to be saying is that we would like to use JSF in our own applications
someday, but, alas, not today.

I don't believe any of the committers want to block Shale. The rest of us just don't have
the bandwidth to help build it right now.

But, perhaps, there are MyFaces committers who do.

-Ted.