myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthias Wessendorf" <maili...@matthias-wessendorf.de>
Subject FW: Strange Exception out of nowhere
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2004 22:03:09 GMT
Hi,

I just looked at JavaDoc for JSF-API
@SUN;

inside of JavaDoc there
is "public class StateManager.SerializedView
extends java.lang.Object"

but MyFaces' inner clazz "SerializedView"
implements java.io.serializable

so perhaps that could be a reason?

Any thoughts?

Regards,
Matthias

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruno Aranda - Dev [mailto:bruno_dev@ebiointel.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2004 9:41 PM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Re: Strange Exception out of nowhere

Hi Gregg,

It seems that your application container is trying to load a persisted
session with not serializable objects. Maybe this link can help you:

http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=569696&messageID=2816891

Good luck,

Bruno

> Yesterday, everything worked fine.  Today I have started getting a
> strange exception when I deploy my app.  I haven't really even changed

> anything.  Here is the exception:
>
> java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted;
> java.io.NotSerializableException:
> javax.faces.application.StateManager$SerializedView
>         at
> java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1303)
>         at
> java.io.ObjectInputStream.readArray(ObjectInputStream.java:1628)
>         at
> java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1293)
>         at
> java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:339)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.readObject(StandardSession.j
ava:1362)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.readObjectData(StandardSessi
on.java:894)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.doLoad(StandardManager.java:
448)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.load(StandardManager.java:37
5)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.start(StandardManager.java:6
89)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.setManager(ContainerBase.java:431
)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.managerConfig(ContextConfig.ja
va:354)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.start(ContextConfig.java:966)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig.j
ava:249)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSu
pport.java:119)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4012
)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.ja
va:755)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:739)