myfaces-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Bill Dudney <bdud...@mac.com>
Subject converter tags
Date Sun, 21 Nov 2004 21:06:46 GMT
Hi All,

I've discovered a bug in the converter tags.

the release() method sets the _converterId to null.

The lifecycle goes like this;

1) new
2) setters, setPageContext, setParent
3) doStartTag, doEndTag etc
4) release

then loop through 2-4.

On Tomcat this works fine because tomcat creates a new instance of the 
tag each time (does all of 1-4 each time) however on WebLogic a pool of 
instances is created and reused (i.e. only 2-4 are redone each time).

So I have fixed the problem by placing

setConverterId(DateTimeConverter.CONVERTER_ID)

in the setPageContext method. The other option is to place the call to 
setConverterId into the createConverter method. Either way will work 
but I think the setPageContext method is 'more correct'.

I'll be checking it in later today if I don't hear any opinion either 
way.

TTFN,

-bd-


Mime
View raw message