myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Thomas Spiegl" <royalts-sourcefo...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: 'normal' files and the JspTilesViewHandlerImpl
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2004 09:26:37 GMT
Hi Bill,

i just fixed JspTilesViewHandlerImpl to meet your needs.

If no isExtensionMapping is found for the request,
the viewHanlder checks if viewId ends with
default suffux (config-param javax.faces.DEFAULT_SUFFIX).
If default_suffix is null ".jsp" will be used.
If the check returns true, then tiles-support will be used.
On false, the viewHanlder dispatches to viewId without
manipulation to it.

Does this work for you?
HTH, thomas
> Hi All & esp Thomas,
>
> When playing around with the tiles view handler I've run into a
> problem. I have css (resources/styles.css) files that are loaded by
> some of my JSP's. When they are sent through the
> JspTilesViewHandlerImpl the request gets turned into
> resources/styles.tiles. Which of course can't be found. I'm using the
> faces/* mapping. I've not tried the extension (*.jsf) mapping.
>
> I've put in a solution to get the view handler to ignore certain file
> extensions (the list is config driven in the web.xml file). This
> approach works but I' not sure that I like it. I don't like forcing
> another configuration. What do you think of by default only
> transforming .jsp requests (or the extension defined in the extension
> mapping) and then having a configuration option to transform any
> others. Then the default would work for most cases and configuration
> would only be required for the non-typical case.
>
> I was also thinking of trying to find the mapping as is done now then
> if that fails try the original request and see if it succeeds (which
> might also have problems).
>
> Anyway your thoughts on this would be most appreciated. I would also be
> glad to post an issue if this is going to need tracking before it gets
> resolved.
>
> TTFN,
>
> -bd-

GMX DSL-Netzanschluss + Tarif zum supergŁnstigen Komplett-Preis!