myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthias Wessendorf" <maili...@matthias-wessendorf.de>
Subject RE: Weird question?
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2004 13:10:47 GMT
Ah, now I see :-)

Well what you could do is this:

index.jsp
--> <jsp:forward page="welcome.jsf"/>

in weclome.jsp you could refer to a backingBean
(welcomBacking,java)

public class WelcomeBacking {

	private String tippOfTheDay;
      //getter+setter

      public WelcomeBacking(){
	//connecting to DB or else

	tippOfTheDay = myTempDBaccessObject.getTipp();

      }

}

in welcome.jsp file you could

use a tag like

<h:outputText value="#welcomeBacking.tippOfTheDay"/>

to be able to do this your WelcomeBackingBean-clazz must be described
in faces-config.xml in managed-bean-facility.

btw. with this you will be also able to read HTTP-params in constructor
of a BackingBean on a request like:

http://host:port/app/listDetailsOfCustomer.jsf?id=654567865

JSF delivers an ExternalContext for accessing HTTP-Parameters

HTH,
Matthias