mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Qing Lan <lanking...@live.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.8.0.rc0
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2020 16:09:15 GMT
+1 (binding)

build from source with latest rc0 tag for Mac. I am able to build the whole Scala package
and passed all tests.

Thanks,
Qing
________________________________
From: Manu Seth <manuseth1010@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2020 23:55
To: dev@mxnet.apache.org <dev@mxnet.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.8.0.rc0

+1

Was able to build from source following instructions on [1] and then
comments in config_gpu.cmake file. I agree with Aaron that the instructions
should all be in one place. Users should not have to go inside cmake config
files and follow comments there.

I built MXNet on an Ubuntu 18.04 Deep Learning Base AMI, with CUDA v11.0
and cuDNN v8.0.2, and tested it by running all non operator tests in
tests/python/gpu/ folder.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/blob/1.8.0.rc0/docs/static_site/src/pages/get_started/build_from_source.md#building-mxnet

Manu