mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Markham <aaron.s.mark...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.8.0.rc0
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2020 01:30:16 GMT
Couple of issues with instructions:
1) Downloaded the tar.gz for the release and looked at the build from
source directions on the website, but these have you use cmake and don't
really tell you what to do... just look at the cmake config files. I mean
sure, I guess I can look inside a config file's comments for build
instructions. But these don't even work. (Could be related to #2, but IDK
since I haven't really tried using the cmake route as it used to be
incompatible with the docs/website builds.)
2) Tried just doing a make. This fails because none of the submodules are
there. So where are the instructions for how to use an official
distribution release now that so much stuff has been removed?