mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From "Skalicky, Sam" <sska...@amazon.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [Announce] Upcoming Apache MXNet (incubating) 1.8.0 release
Date Sun, 20 Sep 2020 05:22:22 GMT
Hi MXNet Community,

As we move forward on the plan for v1.8 I wanted to update you on the progress. Yesterday
(Sept 18th) was the code/feature freeze and we cut the v1.8.x branch today [1]. We will start
testing the release branch. Heads up, we’re planning to have the vote from Sept 26th –
Oct 3rd [2], please set aside some time to help evaluate the release candidate and vote. Ive
created a PR on v1.x to update the version to 1.9 [3] for those knowledgeable on particular
areas (website, examples, language bindings, etc.) please review and point out any other files
that need updated.

We have also noticed that a few PRs that were backported from master to v1.7.x branch for
the v1.7.0 release were not also backported to the v1.x branch. So currently they are missing
and wont be in the v1.8.0 release. This is a problem for backwards compatibility, and will
reintroduce any bugs that were fixed in 1.7 back in 1.8. Here are a few we’ve found so far:
[4-7]. We would greatly appreciate the community’s help in finding and backporting any missing
PRs to the v1.x and now v1.8.x branches. If you backported (or reviewed/approved/merged) a
PR from master to v1.7.x please double check that it was also backported to v1.x. If not,
please reply to this thread with the PR to let us know and help us backport these PRs.

Thanks!
Sam

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/tree/v1.8.x
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/1.8.0+Release+Plan+and+Status