mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Xingjian SHI <xsh...@connect.ust.hk>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.8.0.rc0
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2020 18:36:09 GMT
Just one question regarding the 1.8.0.rc0. Are all PRs that are in 1.7.0 included in 1.8.0?
For example, https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/18653

Thanks,
Xingjian

´╗┐On 9/29/20, 10:20 AM, "Leonard Lausen" <lausen@apache.org> wrote:

    Thank you Aaron for trying the build and pointing out the issues.

    On Mon, 2020-09-28 at 18:30 -0700, Aaron Markham wrote:
    > 2) Tried just doing a make. This fails because none of the submodules are
    > there. [...]

    I downloaded the rc from the link shared by Sam [1] and it does include the
    submodules. Could you provide more details on your issue?

    > Downloaded the tar.gz for the release and looked at the build from
    source directions on the website, but these have you use cmake and don't
    really tell you what to do...

    The docs refer users to version-controlled files, as the build-from-source guide
    on the website is shared among all versions, however the actual build steps
    differes on different versions. I think the best way to improve it is to provide
    version-specific build from source instructions via the "version selector"
    feature on the get started page. Contributions towards this goal or other
    improvements would be great [2].

    Thanks
    Leonard

    [1]: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mxnet/1.8.0.rc0/